- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired of God, and they
are without error in the original writings, and they are the supreme and final authority for faith and
- We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is eternally existent in three
persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, His death to pay the penalty for
everyone’s sins, His bodily resurrection, His exaltation at God’s right hand.
- We believe in the personal, imminent, return of Jesus Christ known as His Second coming.
- We believe that all have sinned and are therefore guilty before God and are under His condemnation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven.
- We believe that all who by faith receive Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, therefore
children of God and eternally saved, and that the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer to
enlighten, guide, and enable the believer in life, testimony, and service.
- We believe that God answers the prayers of His people and meets their needs according to His
- We believe that God gives spiritual gifts to all believers for the building up of the body of Christ.
However, the miraculous sign-gifts of the Spirit, such as tongues and healings, were limited to the
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in
Glory and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in hell.
- We believe and teach hell is a real literal place all humans who reject Christ.
- We believe that all believers are called to a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices and
- We believe that from the beginning with Adam and Eve, God ordained marriage as only between a
man and a woman. All sexual activity outside of marriage, including homosexual practices, is in
direct contradiction to God’s Word and His institution of the home.
HISTORICITY OF GENESIS
Amazon Valley Academy is committed to the historical and factual accuracy of the book of
- We teach a recent creation of the entire universe and all forms of life in the six, 24-hour
days of the creation week.
- We believe that Adam and Eve were the first man and woman and that all of mankind
has descended from them and has inherited a sin nature from their fall into sin, resulting
in a cursed creation.
- We believe in a personal Satan who led some of the angels to rebel, enticed Eve, who
enticed Adam to eat the forbidden fruit, and continues to oppose God’s program for
- We believe in a worldwide flood which explains the disappearance of certain species
recorded in the fossil record, the subsequent development of mankind from Noah, and
the creation of language groups and nations from God’s intervention at the Tower of
- We believe that Satan’s attempt to overthrow God is doomed to fail and that the Lake of
Fire has been prepared as a place of eternal conscious punishment for him, his demons.