Full time Elementary Teacher
Teacher candidates must be active Christians who are excited about sharing their faith while working in a cross-cultural setting. All classes are taught in English. Elementary teachers may be asked to teach or supervise classes while their regular class is participating in other activities, such as P.E., Portuguese, Art, Library, etc. All teachers are expected to be involved in the school’s student life programs.
Duties will include:
- Share the gospel and integrate Biblical principles daily into the classroom environment.
- Create broad semester and quarterly plans and objectives, along with proper unit and weekly lessons plans.
- Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Attend and participate in scheduled activities including: retreats, faculty, & parent meetings, etc.
- Ability to differentiate USA curriculum to ELL students. Example: many students will need vocabulary explained to understand the culturally American material.
- Cooperate with the administration in implementing policies and procedures for the school.
- Other duties as assigned by the administration or necessary to run a safe and Godly school.
- Possess a deep love for Christ and for students.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher from a recognized University or College.
- Hold or pursuing an appropriate professional credential, certification or degree for teaching.
- Two years teaching experience is normally required to qualify for a work visa in Brazil.
- Note: Because all classroom teaching is done in English, AVA requires that its classroom teachers be native English speakers or proficient in the English language.
About Amazon Valley Academy
AVA was founded in 1958 as a missionary school for foreign missionaries serving in northern Brazil and is presently managed by Believer’s Bridge, a U.S. mission organization. Over the year’s enrollment expanded to include Brazilian nationals. Today about 95% of the student body is comprised of Brazilian students. Amazon Valley Academy is accredited by ACSI and MSA. Classes are taught in English and follow the North American style of education.